|Arsenic Lobster poetry journal||
|Issue Thirty-five, Summer 2014|
18 Fabulous Poems That Will Make You Want To Burn Your House Down!
12 Outrageous Authors Who Will Inspire You To Write Outrageously!
1 Compelling Review Which Will MAKE YOU Buy Everything Ever Written By Sarah Carson!
1 Amazing Painting Which Will Motivate You To Read ALL 18 Fabulous Poems Written By ALL 12 Outrageous Authors ALL Found Here At The Arsenic Lobster Poetry Journal!!!!!!!!
12 ArsenLob contributors have gotten together here, within the interwebs of the Arsenic Lobster Poetry Journal to
contribute 18 poems which will melt your face off.
Writing success boils down to hard work, imagination and passion…and then some more hard work, imagination and passion. Arsenic Lobster Poetry Journal is here to celebrate that success and fire up your creative spirit with 22 lines from 18 selected poems written by 12 authors for issue 35 of the Arsenic Lobster Poetry Journal. Use these lines as an inspirational guide…or better yet, print a copy to put on your desk, home office, makeup mirror, bathroom mirror, rearview mirror, every single mirror you own, refrigerator door, or somewhere else noticeable so you can be constantly reminded not to let your great ideas wither away.
1. He was hysterical and so was I straddling the broken-down over-large cars.
2. I don’t like making statements is also a statement.
3. In this light, bodies look like switches.
4. It must be bird nature…constant attention to wind patterns.
5. This is your eyes, aloof as marbles.
6. We watch our legs dangle above the Cuyahoga River.
7. He says the vulture is an angel, he says the moth is a moon bird.
8. One blue whale says to another, hubba blubba.
9. Would the farmer have stopped?
10. Turn her over now.
11. Across each washed and cold abdomen, crossing the low-slung ribs like centipedes, those names.
12. There are forgotten televisions and yogurt and books about how to add ten years to your life.
13. The day is elegy of shoe knots, black bathrobe, children’s white diapers.
14. I look at an avocado.
15. I look at salmon, and I think: where is the lemon and ice?
16. Those times you forgot the lift tickets.
17. I never had a death wish, but I throw a match and the tree ignites.
18. Use that like a compass. Follow the needle.
19. I needed a new furnace installed.
20. And down came my mother as I quick sat up.
21. Wait for deadnightfrost breathlessly.
22. Hunkering on the Mississippi to gnash against the dream of ether.
Martini with My Lobster by Michelle Milano
About the Artist
Need some help figuring out which kind of lobster you are? We’ll have a WHICH LOBSTER ARE YOU quiz in our winter issue! Till then, you are temporarily CARP – scrappy, but brave, and even though you are disliked by most, you’ve got duende. Again, this is only temporary. We’ll see you this winter.
Editor & Publisher, Arsenic Lobster Poetry Journal
Arsenic Lobster on Facebook